Cognitive Classroom & The Arrowsmith Program
WHAT IS THE ARROWSMITH PROGRAM?
HOW DOES THE ARROWSMITH PROGRAM WORK?
WHAT DOES THE COGNITIVE CLASSROOM LOOK LIKE AT CAMPERDOWN ACADEMY?
Cognitive Classroom students attend four Arrowsmith Program cognitive training classes a day. Additionally, students attend a tutorial class, math class, and an elective class. They also have two recess breaks and a lunch break. In addition, students have 30 minutes of cognitive training homework five days a week along with any homework assigned in their remaining classes. Camperdown offers a free “Homework Club” after school for students to complete Arrowsmith homework.
WHAT ARE THE ARROWSMITH PROGRAM RESULTS?
- builds and strengthens cognitive processes that are necessary for more efficient learning
- strengthens reading, writing and math skills
- trains visual and auditory memory as well as attention and concentration
- strengthens working memory, processing speed and cognitive efficiency
- builds the capacity for both verbal and non-verbal thinking, reasoning and problem solving
- strengthens executive functioning skills
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ARROWSMITH PROGRAM?
- Completing the Arrowsmith Program Cognitive Profile Questionnaire for your child is a great place to begin understanding how cognitive training helps students with learning disabilities. Click on the questionnaire link here: http://www.arrowsmithschool.org
- Please contact the Camperdown Academy Admissions Director for more information about the Cognitive Classroom and Arrowsmith Program.
Additional Arrowsmith Program Resources…
"If you have a son, a daughter, a parent, a spouse, or a brain, this is a must-read book. It will open your mind to new possibilities on how to deal with ‘traffic jams in the brain'." Alvero Fernandez, CEO & Co-Founder, SharpBrains.com